Castañeda Hotel & COVID-19
At Castañeda Hotel, we are taking the greatest care to be sure that your stay with us is both enjoyable and safe. We have reviewed and enhanced all aspects of our operations to create a safer environment for both our guests and our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are committed to staying up to date the latest information on the pandemic, and we will continue training our staff in the best ways to operate in a safe manner. We will also continue to update this page with any new policies or information as it becomes available.
*As of July 2, 2020 face coverings are now required in public places in the state of New Mexico per the Governor. This includes public areas of the Castañeda Hotel.
Health and Hygiene
- All staff working in the hotel undergo a supervised daily temperature check and a health review prior to starting work.
- All guest rooms are cleaned, sealed, and left unoccupied for a minimum period of 24 hours before the next guest enters the room. This policy will be enforced until July 1, 2020, and re-evaluated at that date.
- All regularly-touched surfaces including light switches, TV remotes, AC controls, table tops, closet surfaces, and bathroom surfaces are wiped down with Re-Juv-Nal, a hospital grade disinfectant.
- All floors and carpeted areas are sprayed and mopped with Re-Juv-Nal.
- All cups, shampoos, and other amenities are stocked in individually-wrapped containers from sealed storage units.
Public Space Safety
Castañeda Hotel has altered its public-space policies to create a safer environment for guests:
- All staff members will wear face masks while at work.
- Large glass shields have been installed at the Front Desk.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available throughout the hotel.
- Furnishings in the public spaces have been moved to create well-spaced seating areas that comply with state and federal regulations for social distancing.
- High-traffic areas such as the Gift Shop, entry vestibules, and guest-room hallways are disinfected every two hours by staff.
- All high-contact areas such as the coffee station and ice machine have been taken out of service.
Guest Cooperation is Required
- It is strongly suggested that all guests wear a mask when in public spaces inside the hotel.
- Castañeda asks that all guests respect the safety of other guests and staff and that they maintain at least a 6-foot distance from any other person.
- No more than 6 people will be allowed to congregate in a group in the hotel at any time.
- All children must remain with and under the control of their parents or guardians at all times in the hotel. Children are not allowed to roam unattended to mix with other guests in the hotel.
- All pets must be on leash and controlled at all times. Pets must not be allowed to break the 6-foot rule for safe distancing.
- Any guest experiencing symptoms of coronavirus should report their situation to the Front Desk as soon as possible.
Tips for Staying Safe
The CDC has posted resources and tips to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue. Do not cough into your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Prevent the spread of illness to others by staying home when you are feeling ill.